ALLSPICE-RUBBED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CINNAMON-SAUTÉED APPLES AND CILANTRO RICE
As promised another heart healthy holiday meal recipe to keep you Healthy For Good! Delicious and juicy pork tenderloin with tasty cilantro rice and decadent apple bread pudding
- 1 1-pound pork tenderloin,all visible fat discarded
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive, canola, or corn oil
- 4 apples (any variety) cored and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small cup, stir together the allspice and pepper. Sprinkle onto the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the allspice mixture so it adheres to the pork.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the pork on all four sides (about 1 minute on each side), or until browned.
- Transfer the pork to a baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pork 145°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, still over medium-high heat, cook the apples and cinnamon for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the apples are soft, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice the pork. Serve with the apples on top.
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, covered to keep warm
- Stir the cilantro, green onions, and lemon juice into the cooked rice.
Apple Bread Pudding
- Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves or ground allspice
- 6 slices light, whole-grain, or multigrain bread (lowest sodium available), cubed
- 3 medium apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ½ cup raisins, unsweetened dried cranberries, fresh or unsweetened dried blueberries, or chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds (optional)